Oh where to begin. I knew from our very first emails that we were going to have a blast on their wedding day at the Inn at Willow Grove. Carly and Tom are two of the most friendly people you’ll ever meet, and they make you feel comfortable within seconds of being in their presence. There was a perfect amount of laughter and happy tears throughout the entire day. The chemistry and admiration these two share is matchless. I started following Carly on instagram shortly after we exchanged emails, and it’s always such a joy to see how they continue to date and pursue one another. One of my favorites from awhile back, they had purchased a hammock but it was raining outside, so when Carly came home from work Tom had set it up in the living room for a relaxing date night surprise. How sweet is that! Their personal style was reflected throughout all the decor and their stunning attire. Just wait till you see Carly’s dress from Rue De Seine! The ONLY thing missing from the day was their adorable French Bulldog, but I guess I’ll let it slide. So much love to you both. Enjoy their day, it was perfectly sweet and seamless.
I am so happy to be sharing this special wedding at Yesterday Spaces in Asheville with you. Their love is one for the books. It was inspiring for everyone in attendance to witness and take part in, the day and ALL the love felt was electric. A big thank you to Julia for helping me capture the day! Below are a few fun facts of the day that made it unique that are worth mentioning:
- The morning of the wedding, Dan came to say a hello with eyes closed and they shared a secret kiss and it was the sweetest. No peeking allowed!
- Dan literally DANCED up the aisle, with all the guests clapping, singing, and dancing with him. Everyone cried and hugged and all parts of the day were soaked up and celebrated.
- During the ceremony, the parents each presented a jar of soil from the land of Dan and Brandy's childhood homes. They added it to a pot and then added soil from the ceremony site and a seed from the tree they were standing below as a representation of their past, present, and future life together.
- Dan and Brandy had their first kiss on a golden park bench in San Francisco years ago. During the ceremony, a few friends stood up and uncovered (literally with a white sheet covering it), a golden bench that Dan had made for the wedding. As you will see in the images, Brandy was completely and utterly shocked/surprised. They took turns saying their vows to one another on that very park bench, and my heart nearly exploded.
- The first dance was electric and fast. The whole room got up dancing and chatting in a circle around them. When I said above their love is electric, the first dance was felt with every fiber.
If you pick up a copy of the Asheville Wedding Guide, this beautiful wedding as been featured in the publication!
This is another one thats been a long time coming, and instead of hiding it in fear of it being "too late" to post, I wanted to share and inspire all the warmth and heart from this sweet family. Soon after this session I had the honor of witnessing and photographing the birth of sweet Iris. I can't wait for an updated session of this bunch soon. Recently I've had a few people ask if I photograph families and indeed I do; it is such a special gift and honor to be welcomed to photograph such important memories. Especially now that I'm a Momma myself, it's SO important to capture and have these sweet sweet moments to bottle up and pass down, these littles change right before our very eyes. Enjoy friends!